Friday, June 19, 2015

Casual Friday June 19, 2015

This summer is flying by! I feel like I just got home from school and started this internship, but it's almost July! With July comes Fourth of July, one of my favorite holidays.

My family doesn't always do a lot on the actual fourth, but the following weekend, my mom's extended family has this huge party out in the small, rural town where she grew up. They do their parade on the Sunday following the fourth so they get tons of floats and entries since there aren't any other parades that day. My great-uncle has an old house with a beautiful wrap-around porch right on the parade route, so he always hosts everyone. It's truly the quintessential American small town celebration and I love going every year.

Here are some of my favorite pieces to show your American pride. There are items across all price points and for any occasion. I'll probably be wearing a sundress and sandals this year!

Fourth of July Favorites
Last year, my two best friends and I did a 5K on the morning of the Fourth. We made these shirts out of plain t-shirts and fabric from the "scrap bin" at our craft store. It was super easy and we didn't even have to sew! (We used fabric glue)


If you're looking for a casual and cute top for a race or just hanging out, we loved them and they were so easy to make.

Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment