Saturday, June 13, 2015

Weekly Round Up June 13, 2015



Here are some of my favorite articles from around the Web this week! Just wanted to share some interesting content with you!

This week was pretty slow at work for me. My office is getting ready for a big move, but since I've only been there for a few weeks, I haven't accumulated nearly as much as everyone else.

One of the ways I filled by free time this week was by learning to code through Hour of Code. The idea is that by exposing kids, especially minorities and women, to just an hour of code, they will develop better skills to exist in the modern world. The program is backed by everyone from Bill Gates to Barack Obama to NBA player Chris Bosh. Throughout the program, they speak in little videos about different concepts. It's designed for kids, but the skills are truly essential with the prevalence of technology today and I think it's pretty fun. Here's a video I like about it and link to their website.
Video | Website

A lot of my friends are abroad this summer and I keep seeing all their beautiful posts on Facebook from around the world. I thought this article was a fun read about different texting/typing trends around the world.
Hillary Clinton joined Instagram! Her first post was pretty cute, and she seems to be having a fun time with it.
Instagram

I love this article about women's funny online responses to a politician's critique of women in science. It's been circulating on my Facebook feed and I think it's pretty great :)
Article



Here's to the millions of students around the world learning to code!

xoxo,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment